this weekend I started to solder the first pcb by hand – a moment of truth – here is a list of what happened:
- LD1117 LDOs need 1V voltage difference in order to work proper – we need to replace our serial diode (D4) with a schottky type – or a 0 Ohm bridge
- The the numbering of the LED-pcb-connector is the other way around – the connector has to be mounted upside-down and the cable is twisted now.
- the DC Plug is connected the wrong way – some dremel is needed to cut the traces on the PCB and it is wired by hand
- A pull-up Resistor for the Reset-Line on STM8 is missing (10 kOhm)
- A pull-down Resistor is needed for GPIO0 on the VS1063 (100 kOhm)
- Not verified yet – but I think the Filters for the analog Voltage-Supply (OPA, Vdd_analog on VS1063) need a redesign as well.
In general the PCB would need a redesign! – For our first batch I will do the modifications by hand. The PCB needs a redesign!
Some good news: The LED Multiplexing circuit is working already.